Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ron, ***** ***** here. Working on an 04 F-150, replaced the

Customer Question
Customer: Hi Ron, ***** *****...
Customer: Hi Ron, ***** ***** here. Working on an 04 F-150, replaced the front left caliper. I get fluid out of the flexible hose, I put the washers on and torqued to 26 ft/lbs. Now when I open the bleeder screw, I get no fluid.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Working on an 04 F-150, replaced the front left caliper. I get fluid out of the flexible hose, I put the washers on and torqued to 26 ft/lbs. Now when I open the bleeder screw, I get no fluid.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yeah, no problem. What would your estimate on time be?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
11/25/2015
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Are you not getting any fluid after pumping several times on the pedal and holding it down? Or are you trying to use a vacuum bleed system and you are not getting fluid?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

One last important question, do you have a ABS scan tool connected with the ABS pump activated during this bleeding procedure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jeremy, I was going off the Haynes manual (which I am sure is not as reliable as the ford TSM) which did not mention an ABS scan tool for the procedure. I am sure I can rent one from NAPA if it is required. I have bled brakes before with a vacuum (mityvac type) not on this particular vehicle.
Ford Mechanic: Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician

This brake system will not bleed without the use of a live data scanner, such Snap On Solus, capable of remotely operating the dump valves inside the ABS hydraulic control Unit, this scanner can not be rented only purchased , if you do not have one tow your vehicle to the nearest dealership to have it bled properly. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions, even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician