Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2011 f150 lariat won't shift into 4x4 the dash lights

Customer Question

my 2011 f150 lariat won't shift into 4x4 the dash lights indicate that it has shifted however only the back wheels spin all of the vacuum lines are good thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad wheel end assembly, the hub qat the wheels, these are vacuum operated, and if one of them leaks, it wont engage either hub, have you pulled the vacuum line off each wheel and seen if it has vacuum with the engine running and in*****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has vacuum while running in park but I suspect the front leer is not going in because I can turn the axle freely when in 4x4 and truck in drive with 4x on
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

ok, when you shift it into 4wheel drive, do the vacuum go away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

ok, when you say you can turn the drive shaft, are saying the one between the transfer case and the front differential? or the axles at the wheel?