Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I, I have a 2001 Ford F250, 7.3 Diesel. I have a problem

Customer Question

i, I have a 2001 Ford F250, 7.3 Diesel. I have a problem with the injector sleeves (cups) leaking fuel into the coolant. I'm replacing the sleeves and the last one on the passenger side keeps oozing oil. I've cleaned multiple times, spray brake clean,
compressed air but it keeps oozing and contaminating the surface before I can get the sleeve installed. Any ideas how I can address the oil issue so I can get the last sleeve installed?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

I always oil oil absorbent cloth wrapped into a cylinder and place it in the holes for a few minutes. Then I clean the bore with brake cleaner on a rag, not sprayed, then a short of air, then install it as fast as I can. So far I have had good results in doing this method I have found effective.

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found my own solution but maybe you can answer another possibly related question. Prior to my issue with the injector sleeve, I was getting an intermittent Misfire on Cylinder #8 code. Initially, it was very rare but has slowly become more common. It seems to run fine, especially after fixing the injector sleeves and installing new injector o-rings. Many of the Ford Truck forums mentioned this was a problem with California Truck equipped with smog devices that caused it to throw codes. I thought about having the injectors tested while I had them out but money is tight and was hopeful the injector sleeve repair would solve the issue. Now, I'm thinking the two issues might have been unrelated. Your thoughts?Thanks, Doug

We are only allowed to address new concerns when there is a rating on the original issue answer.

Thanks Chris