James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Having problem with battery draining on 2011 Escape

Customer Question

Hello, having problem with battery draining on 2011 Escape
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if your battery is draining over a couple of days. This is due to a parasitic drain. In order to diagnose what is draining the battery you will need a multi meter or some item that measures current. Most common causes are any accessories that are plugged into the cigarette lighters. If you have a way to measure battery draw I can help walk you through it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing is plugged into lighter sockets and have made sure everything is off when getting out of car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have checked to make sure all lights go off
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

If nothing is plugged in and all accessories are turning off. It could be a module inside the vehicle that isn't going to sleep and causing the battery to drain. Trying to identify which module is draining the battery isn't easy to do. You will need at least a way to measure current in order to try and find the drain.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.