Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

We have an 06 f250 diesel 6.0 with no start cranks but no

Customer Question

We have an 06 f250 diesel 6.0 with no start cranks but no fire throwing a multitude of codes fuel level sensors, low injection pressure, cam/crank sensors we've replaced the fuel pump and both fuel filters trying wiggle wiring harnesses now any ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

lets start with the codes???

does the check engine light work with key on???

any recent work done???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truck was running like a champ Friday night... came home late parked and next morning no start...
Yesterday it was throwing the following codes: P0401, P0460, P0463 and the constant ghost code B1352.
Replaced both the primary and secondary fuel filters and fuel pump.
Today its throwing the following codes:
P0460, P0463, P2291, P2614, P2617, U1900, B1201 and B1352Yes check engine light works with the key onMost recent work 3 months ago - replaced heads
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

ok, thanks. the first thing I would do is check the wiring harness very carefully for any areas that are damaged. check all grounds as well. look at fuse boxes and check fuses with test light for power.

it would be odd for all these issues to happen at the same time.

lets start with checking the harness

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any wiring harness in particular - we actually went right for that this morning based on what we read on the forums. We unplugged a few sprayed them with cleaner and plugged them back in... specifically most of the plugs next to the relay box behind the intake. We did a minor check of the fuel injector harness which looked to run under the intake as well.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

look at all the harness, not just the connectors, if the heads were removed, the harness were moved and you need to check and see if they are laying on the head or areas of heat that may have damaged to wiring. there are many harness around the motor. check each one carefully for any damage

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I've identified the primary wiring harness - we will go through and check it
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have checked the wiring harness pretty completely and found nothing that looked melted or chafed or significantly damaged in anyway. There were a couple, maybe 2 or 3, that had a crack in the plastics or tape but beneath the wires look great. We pulled all the connectors and cleaned them with electrical cleaner including the 3 to the ECM which is my boyfriend's latest theory. He is considering going and buying one at NAPA... any thoughts or better next steps?
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

yhe FICM is a common failure for this model.

do you have a scan tool to monitor data??? I would like to see if the high pressure oil pump is priming the system.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No scan tool to monitor data... and we don't know if the pump is priming the system.
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

When you are trying to start it, have you noticed if the oil pressure takes longer than usual to come up on the gage?