Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2008 Ford F-350 Ranch Dually that has developed a

Customer Question
I have a 2008 Ford...
I have a 2008 Ford F-350 King Ranch Dually that has developed a chirping sound intermittently during acceleration more prominent when driving after sitting after it heats up it is just hit and miss and goes away after 2500RPM it is a 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel truck runs fine but under regen it smells up the cab with fumes but only once in a while I have had this truck into the ford dealership several times since I have owned last repair was EGR Replacement 2 of them one on the regen which killed the engine the other was over coolant lose 600.00 to repair I have had to replace radiator, Starter, Serpentine Belt, and tensioner pulley, Fuel Filters and such it is always something with this truck ive always taken it to a ford dealership for repairs!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
11/19/2015
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

He may be partially correct. When the EGR was done, did the dealership cheat you and reuse any of the turbo clamps on the exhaust side? If you can, look and see if they look new or if they look like they been reused.

I ask because Ford recommends that they be replaced for they are a one use clamp. Where the nut is, they have teflon locks in them and once you loosen the clamps up and reuse them, they will start to come back loose on you and create a chirping sound (kind of like a little whistle) and you will get exhaust fumes in the cab. I ask about that for if you had the EGR done recently and you still have a warranty work on it, you can complain to them and have those clamps replaced at their cost since they should have done it in the first place.

That chirping after EGR repairs is a complaint my shop gets a lot of because the work was done themselves, another shop did the work and the clamps were not replaced. Those clamps will work themselves back loose from the vibration these engines will put out under load.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy