Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I would like to change over my belt system in my 1992 f250

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to change over my belt system in my 1992 f250 7.3L Diesel truck to a surpentine tension system. My understanding is surpentine for that engine started in 1999 to 2003 would like to know how to buty the parts and do the convertion what
and where and how? I have the 7.3L surpentine part # *****
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

You can;t just do the swap. Par of the serpentine change included an entire new front cover for the newer engines and the bolt patterns are different between the newer engines and the older for the front covers. You can just swap them out.

You will also have to change out the alternator brackets, A/C brackets, and redrill for the holes on it to line up.

As much as we all would want all the parts to interchange on these engines, they don;t. There are several changes to the block design and that is one of them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1264358-anyone-know-where-i-can-find-a-serpentine-belt-setup.html This guy changed over from a 80's to 90's and other than the points and carb for the most part looks like my front you can see and coment for yourself, I will send a couple of pic's will get better ones tomorrow. File f250 and f250a are my truck. As far as the 93F75924 7.3L diagram I pulled that from the internet. My skills I can tap die drill use spacer's put brackets as good as any machanic getting paid. What am looking for is a solution a,b,c, 1. 2 .3 identify the schamatic 93F759224 for 7.3L diesel or give me the right one to work from and another utube or whatever thaT WILL GET ME TO STARTed AND FINISHed THIS CONVERSION. 1.Such as a list of parts necissary bults, brackets, spacers, etc.. 2. Thanks for the education on the ask eco-system need not go further there 3. Send me pic's video's or anything that will be a benefit to my complition of my task at hand you can call me.Regards,Louie
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to opt out of this for what you are asking for will require a lot of information that I don't have access to.

Good luck on getting the switch done. It will require a lot of work.

I will allow another expert to assist.