HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have an air bag light flashing 4 then 7 I have repaired

Customer Question

I have an air bag light flashing 4 then 7 I have repaired wiring under drivers seat and under passenger seat but code still there?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the code 47 is for the passenger side pretensioner circuit, you had broken wires?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
crushed under drivers seat frame and passenger seat wiring were unhooked with one missing plug just purchased trying to safety hard wired pass seat wiring tried different pass side protesoeter still same code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had carpet out as customer said he had put some metal over holes on floor pan in areas so checked closely around the repairs to floor as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wired with connectors on drivers floor color code to color code. I also used connectors to repair passenger seat wiring. Followed wire all the way up to passenger side cab the wires go into a junction block and to a silver module attached to frame right side of cab below glove box. This is as far as I went.
I'm in Canada
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
driver side wiring was going to drivers seat potentiometer 4 wires and from passenger seat potensionometer 2 wires.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok is it setting the same code? It may have shorted out the pretensioner or blown a fuse. If you have a scan tool to look at the pretensioners, it will show if it is flagging a fault and if it is an open or short circuit and should have the same resistance value for both sides.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My scan tool will not pick up anything for the srs system for some reason assume it is not meant to? I tried a passenger seat protensionometer same thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If fuse were would fuse be located? If pretensiomoter what would the ohm resistance value be for a good protentensiometer?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Both sides should have the same resistance. The srs fuse is numberF2.22 a 10 amp fuse in the interior fuse panel.Resistance is between 1.7-3.2 ohms

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it will be a few days until I get back to you as Im out of town on work assignment and said vehicle is at home. Hope this will be ok. Thanks
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem, the question will remain open until rated and even after that we can still correspond

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will likely be in touch hopefully Thursday or Friday Thanks I'm hoping
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

ok