Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I just replaced my rear left and right brake hoses that were

Customer Question
cracked.. My 2002 fire escape...
I just replaced my rear left and right brake hoses that were cracked.. My 2002 fire escape has 124000 miles..I decided to install a new master cylinder too because of the mileage. I bench bled the master cylinder per instructions included and reinstalled. I bled the whole system.. Starting at right rear and ending at left front. The problem I now have is that pedal floats slowly to the floor after pressing on pedal with engine running.. What is the issue..?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
11/17/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

The possible causes for brake fade are: There is still air in the system, a poor quality master cylinder was used, the rear drums brakes are not adjusted correct, during the MC swap air got into the the ABS which requires a scan tool to bleed out.

Verify the rear brakes are adjusted correct. Do 3 panic stops from 50 mph. Re bleed the brakes. Sometimes the panic stops will purge air out of the ABS.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician