Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Check traction light on, Doors 't lock automatically when in

Customer Question

check traction light on, Doors don't lock automatically when in drive, dome lights don't come on when door is open, headlights don't come on automatically when it gets dark anymore.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

On the traction control light, I would need you to get it scanned to see which codes are stored to diagnose that concern.

The door locks and courtesy lamps are related to the door ajar sensor. At the VSM vehicle security module behind the right side of the glove box. Unplug connector A and OHM test the black/yellow pin 4 wire to ground. Drivers door closed the circuit should be closed. Door open the circuit should be open. If it does not change state, this means this wire is shorted to ground most likely in the door jam or the switch on the latch is stuck.

Below is the connector diagram link and auto lamp diag.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/blackyellow.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/testG.pdf

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris