EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 98 ford explorer with the 4.0 v6 EFI, um replaced

Customer Question

I have a 98 ford explorer with the 4.0 v6 EFI, um replaced the fuel pump and lines, I have spark and vaccum but my car won't start cranks but won't start
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. THere is a theft light on the dash. Is this theft light blinking rapidly when you are trying to start it? or does it act normal by turning on for 3 seconds, then turning off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea it blinks rapidly when you try starting it
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. That indicates that the problem is with the anti-theft system. Usually the ignition keys. If you have another key try that first. Other wise you will want to try and have the keys reprogrammed to the vehicle.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response on 11/16/2015 at 12:24:42 PM 4 day(s) ago. Please let me know if you have more questions and please rate my service. Thanks.