Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I've got an '01 Lincoln LS V8 that will crank but not start.

Customer Question

Hi, Richard. I've got an '01 Lincoln LS V8 that will crank but not start. Had this problem about a week ago and it was a blown fuse in the trunk. Replaced it, ran fine. Went out yesterday and it would crank but would not start. Checked all 3 fuse panels and they're okay. Do not hear the fuel pump engaging. Would like to test both pumps but I don't know which wires should be hot or ground on both pumps. Have any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Expert you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place. Sorry for the delay.

I have enclosed the steps to test the pumps as well as the REM (rear electronic module) which controls the pumps. Run through the steps and this should help you determine if the pump and or pumps have failed. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuel%20pump%20testing%20Nov%2014.pdf