Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion 4 cyl, recently had a low tire,

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion 4 cyl, recently had a low tire, after a few dyas of having to put air into it, I replaced it, but prior to that I ended up with a problem "Service Power Steering Now" and the steering turns hard, also have a message that says "Service Advancetrac" I am unable to clear either message, no error cored found.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

You will need to check for codes in all the modules, like the Anti-Lock brake module, the Power Steering Control Module, The PCM (engine Computer) and the BCM (Body Control Module).

A bad Electronic Power Steering Rack and Pinion will cause all these problems you have, but I would highly recommend checking all the modules for trouble codes and also testing the module network for all the modules.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In short, there is nothing I can do without specialized testing equipment?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

I have seen the power steering rack go out and cause this problem, but I would hate for you to replace the rack and pinion which is $500 + and find out it is a wiring or instrument cluster causing the problem. See the pin point test we use below.

Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I meant this one,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I RETRIEVE THE RECORDED DTCs? The links to: ***** ***** to Pinpoint Test BL.
No GO to AW3. solutions do not work.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The links will not work on your end. The DTCs are the trouble codes, (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) and you will need a scan tool to get the codes from the modules. Normal code readers only work on the engine computer, not the other modules.