Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Changing the water pump on my 5.0 and snapped both studs,

Customer Question

changing the water pump on my 5.0 and snapped both studs, the seven bolts came out no problem but the two at 3 and 9 o'clock snapped with about 1/2" exposed. What is quickest way to get them out without taking apart entire front end of motor
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

What happened after welding nuts on the end? Can you break loose the studs now?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is there any place and/or room to get a torch in there to heat up where the stud goes in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they go through timing cover wall and into block, wont budge with nut welded onto it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what can I or a mechanic do?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

If you are not afraid that it might pull some threads out of the engine block, either place an impact or a huge breaker bar on that welded nut and give it some torque.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Did you get it out?