Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2003 eddie bauer expedition, dual climate control. when

Customer Question
2003 eddie bower expedition, dual...
2003 eddie bower expedition, dual climate control. When using single zone, heat turned on, heat blows on drivers side, cold on passenger side. Same results on dual zone setting. New blend door actuator on top. when activating blend door manually by hand it blew warm air, put it all back together, cold air. Codes 2266 and 2267.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
11/10/2015
Ford Mechanic: AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. Those codes are blend door actuator circuit malfunction for both the right side and the left side. Have you checked all the fuses to make sure it's not a blown fuse? If all the fuses are fine, we need to do a series of testing to determine the cause.

Nope, not a single fuse blown. Can't seem to clear the error codes or the reset immediately.

Your only having problems with one side, right? but your getting codes for both sides?

passenger cold air when heat is on. Driver is normal. But getting 2 codes.

Ok. I am a little unsure as to why you are getting codes for both sides, but symptoms for only one side. I do have detailed diagnostic information for those codes that I could email you if you have a DVOM, and are interested in doing some extensive testing. It walks you through each step of diagnosing it. It would cost 5.00 if your interested. let me know.

What is dvom?
Where is the driver blend door, 1 low left near gas pedal, and where is the other?

digital volt ohm meter

It's showing the other one behind the plenum chamber.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5u3qqo6vp3g00w/pc.jpg?dl=0

Oh, yes I have one.
Everything worked fine and then one day, no more. Nothing outwardly happened.
I took door motor back out and hooked it up, never moves.

Are you getting power to the actuator? Is this one of the actuators that you just replaced?

no power, fuse good. I'm taking the console out so I can get to the other actuator and check for function. Looks like wiring goes from top down to the lower one, maybe damaged, unhooked? What about a bad control panel, those ever go bad and cause this?
The photo you sent is not accurate to my unit.
2003 dual climate control w/rear heat/ac.
No further ideas?

that's the only option my software is giving me for the left front blend door actuator. I am not comfortable guessing at what the issue is without properly diagnosing it. I have the information to do that if you would like to start testing circuits.

Well, yea, I thought you were sending something? Are you charging more for this info? We've made zero headway so far.

i need to opt out. I am dealing with a family crisis right now. If someone has an idea of what the issue is, they will reply right here.

How do I get a refund, this has been no help at all? I'm not paying $30 for a pen pal.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician