Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 Ford f350 7.3 liter diesel it runs 15 minutes

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford f350 7.3 liter diesel it runs for about 15 minutes and shuts off the oil filter has been changed as well as the ICP valve also change the cam sensor which allowed it to start and run in a higher performance mode than ever it still just runs 15 minutes and shuts off will not restart until 15 minutes past
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did you run a diagnostic check for codes that lead you to replace these componets? Do you have access to a scan tool to run a diagnostic check on the vehilce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the truck to shut off this time I did rerun the code it showed up at a P0603 Ctrl mod cam error. Previous to this the check engine light was on and was cleared once the ICP was replaced
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok does your scanner have the ability to look at live sensor data? Also with the P0603 code do you have a a tuner installed/performance software in the pcm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This 2003 7.3 liter diesel has 160,000 miles on it it's never been run hard its only pulled it fifth wheel well when it starts with all the force of a real 7-3 leader international I am presently running a tuner and I have set it back to stock mode I used it to her now to check for codes all previous codes have cleared except for the internal critical mod can error. When I did check for live data it showed it was all clear. While it was running the critical of appeared after it stopped
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you look at icp sensor data with the tool, you must have at least 500 psi for the engine to run and verify you have rpm signal since you replaced the cam sensor even though its new it could be defective. IPR at approx 85 percent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will definitely check that and see what the responses is. Thank you so much I will check that and get back to you.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

no problem, just let me know, make sure oil level is full as well.