HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

2005 Taurus. Automatic temp controls. (Not manual) The

Customer Question

2005 Taurus. Automatic temp controls. (Not manual) The blower motor operates erratically. It's almost like it doesn't want to run and pulsates. Is it the blower motor? How do I test to find out?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, does the fan run an all speeds low thru high and only act odd in a certain speed range?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Sometimes it doesn't run at all. It runs crappy and weird at all times when it does run. The 40 amp fuse checks good and seems tight and making a good connection.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok the blower motor itself may be going bad, you can remove theblower motor and jump power and ground to the motor and it should run on high. When it acts up in the dash you can hit the motor and see if it stragithens out.I typically replace the blower motor resistor when I replace the motor since it regulates fan speed control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the motor located? Under the dash? Is it easy to get out?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Yes under the glove box area behind the dash a few bolts hold it in place.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled out the blower motor and connected it to a battery and it seems to work fine. So now what do I check?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the resistor and how do I check it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an answer soon please. I can only work on this on the weekend.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry for the delay. Inspect the blower motor resistor which is to the left of the blower motor. Double check to see if the fan motor cuts out or starts working correctly when you hit it. Most likely an issue with the motor or the resistor