Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a Ford Mustang V6 manufacture year 2010. I'm getting

Customer Question
Hello,I have a Ford Mustang...
Hello,I have a Ford Mustang V6 manufacture year 2010. I'm getting P0741 code once I reach around 100km/per hour speed, if I hold the acceleration constant. Do I need to replace the TCC Solenoid. The transmission code on the door sticker shows "3". Do you have any diagrams for pins, so I can check it our with Ohmmeter before opening the transmission, or do you have any pictures as to which is TCC which should be replaced. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
11/6/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

This code can mean the solenoid is faulty, the converter is faulty, or there is a signal issue to the solenoid. The TCC solenoid is in a pack with all the solenoids together. Below are the testing and replacing directions.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/0741test.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/solenoidRR.pdf

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the answer. The model is 2011, the manufacture year is 2010. It's a 3.7 V6. VIN No. 1ZVBP8AM0B5162007. Do you have the diagrams for locating the TCC.
When I went to the parts store, the parts diagram shows there are 4 solenoids inside the transmission and they don't know which one is the TCC solenoid.

The 2011 is a different model trans than the 2010 I posted the information on prior. Below is a diagram showing the TCC solenoid.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/11mustang.pdf

I have just found the below info while googling. Let me know what you think.
https://latemodel.cachefly.net/downloads/tsb05-14/tsb11-04-04.pdf

This TSB can apply to this model if your build date is November of 2010.

which solenoid is TCC based on the previous drawing Chris.

Page two indicates its part 11 in the drawing on page one.

Do you need more assistance on this concern or are you all good to go?

Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician