Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My door blend actuator (Rearof truck)doesnt move to heat It

Customer Question

My door blend actuator (Rearof truck)doesnt move to heat
It stays cold. Its brand new. It does move both ways when I hot wire it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

First make sure the door on the heater box isn't stuck.If it is stuck it will cause this here and the heater box will need either removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this fault.

If this is o.k. Make sure you have at or near 12 volts DC at the white wire with light blue stripe at the actuator with the key on and a ground signal at the black wire.If you have the correct power and ground signals the fault is either with a wiring break leading from the front auxiliary control to the actuator or the front auxiliary control itself needing replaced.Most common is the front auxiliary control needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete