Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

In you answer to the question does my ford have a crank

Customer Question

in you answer to the question does my ford have a crank sensor.you had that person check acouple of things had them check to see if it is getting a signal when crarnking over. what if no signal?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

What model and engine is this vehicle?

Are you getting spark to all other cylinders except #1?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my husband replaced the distributor and is getting "juice" to that point but nothing after that point

What model and engine is this vehicle?

Is the distributor shaft even spinning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a 1994 F-150 xlt 4X4 with a 5.8 motor. the rotor is spinning

So the coil is powering the rotor button, the rotor is spinning, but no plugs are getting spark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right and the motor is turning over strong

Can you do the tests below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/nospark.png

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you type out the name of the test--my computer won't display the page. thanks there is 12 volts to the distributor (2nd new one), the ignition module (new) tested good on two occasions.

If unplugging the SPOUT connector results in the engine starting, it would suggest that either the distributor Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) signal is weak, the SPOUT circuit running between the PCM and the ICM may be grounded out or there is an internal failure of the PCM. Disconnect the PCM and check for spark to be present with the SPOUT connector plugged in. If spark is present, it would suggest that the SPOUT circuit is not grounded out in the wiring harness. If spark is still not present unless the SPOUT connector is disconnected, run a replacement circuit between the PCM at pin 36 and the SPOUT connector. If spark is present with the PCM connector disconnected, check the PIP signal by checking its Key On, Engine Off (KOEO) voltage at the PCM, ICM, or distributor connector with the distributor connected. The PIP circuit is the Grey/Orange (GY/O) wire of the harness. With the ignition on, this circuit should indicate a reading of less than 1.0 volt, or a value that is within 1.0 volt of battery voltage.
Whether the circuit is low or high, bump crank the engine so the distributor rotates and recheck the KOEO reading of the PIP circuit to get a reading of the opposite high or low value. If the peak output of the distributor is not within 1.0 volt of battery voltage, replace the suspect distributor assembly. If the PIP output voltage is found to be ok, suspect an internal issue of the PCM itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** a couple of days to get this done.

Okay