A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

My window won't roll up on front passanger side.

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Did you replaced any parts or just removed and unplugged and then plugged everything back in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the latter
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Ok. It probably is the window motor itself. One simple test we always do to verify the motor is the problem is to turn the key to on, but leave the engine off. Then open the passenger door and while watching the dome light carefully, press the passenger side power window switch up and/or down and see if the dome light dims slightly when the switch is pressed. The electrical load going through the window circuit will cause the light to dim if the motor is not working.

Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just went out and tried again from drivers side.. to watch light. . no change in light. . didn't work... then plugged in passenger switch, tried it and worked shortly up and down once, then quit working again .. then worked..
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a meter to check for power to the window motor when you are pressing the switch up and down. You should have power on one side in one direction and power on the other side with the switch pressed in the other direction.

If power is good, replace the motor. If power is intermittent, replace the switch you are pressing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but both switches, driver and passenger, work sometimes and then sometimes they don't? could it still be a switch?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

I doubt both switches could be bad at the same time. More than likely it is the motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you know what part I need to order?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

It would be the power window motor itself. I do not have access to the actual part numbers because I am at home and not at my dealership today.