Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 250 SD 4X4 6.0 power stroke. Loud clunking noise in

Customer Question
I have a 250 SD...
I have a 250 SD 4X4 6.0 power stroke.
Loud clunking noise in front end when hitting bumps, and the top of the front left tire leans inwards, the right side tire is fine.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
10/30/2015
Ford Mechanic: AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. The leaning inward of your tire is going to be the upper ball joint. The lower may be bad as well. The clunking sound in this case is most likely occuring as a result of the ball joint. Raise the front of the truck off the ground and shake the wheel from top to bottom and keep an eye on the ball joint and see if there is any movement. I am attaching an image. I have circled the ball joints.

Please let me know what you come up with. If you need it, I can provide the procedure to replace them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gevs7ngl4nktckc/ball%20joint.jpg?dl=0

please send me the info as far as how to replace them. Thank you for your quick response

I am sorry for the delay. Our internet is down so I am limited to my phone until it's back up. As soon as it's back up I will definitely get those to you. Do you have a little time?

Ok. Here is the procedure for both the upper and lower ball joints. Again, sorry about the delay. we finally got our internet back up and running. If you need anything at all or have further questions, please feel free to ask. I am here to help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvyoa6elqahv926/upper.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrv1koqrxjfj63e/lower.pdf?dl=0

Please be aware that any money you have paid is in your deposit account here on JustAnswer
and has not been paid to me. I do not get credit until you are ready to rate me at or above
3 stars. If you do not feel as though you are able to rate me at or above 3 stars,please let
me know and I will do everything I can to assist you until you are satisfied. Please do not
resort to leaving a negative rating. Follow ups are always free. Thank you for allowing me
to help you with your automotive concerns.

.

AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician