Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Climate control I was driving this morning with system auto

Customer Question
set at 72 degrees, after...
Climate control I was driving this morning with system auto set at 72 degrees, after about 20 mins, it starting getting cold in the truck. I increased temperature but nothing happened. I switched to manual and turned up the fan manually, you could hear
the fan but very little air flow. I ran a diagnostic but nothing comes up ....??? I remember in the summer, the ac would shut off after a while, if you turned system off for 5 minutes and then on it would stat again, Replaced low pressure sensor and no change,
check charge and it was fine ....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
10/28/2015
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
James, Ford Technician

Hello, is the fan changing speed but no air flow change?

you can hear the fan when i turn it up but you feel very little air flow..sounds like it is blocked

Has the blower motor ever been changed?

Not that I know of

I wonder if the fan cafe may have broke.

Fan cage fan cage I mean. I would remove the blower motor and inspect. If there is no air flow then the plastic cage is either broken or there is blockage somewhere in the vehicle.

Under the hood the blower motor is on the passenger side. It has three screws holding it in and you will be able to pull it back and inspect it.

I checked the fan blower and cage all seams ok
Could it have anything to do with the relay !

If you can hear the fan blower change speed but your airflow doesn't change? This would indicate you have blockage somewhere. This is how the vehicle is acting isn't it?

I am still concerned why it would run on auto and then just shut off
Might be more than one thing wrong

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your issue. I did send a phone offer as it makes it much easier to communicate this way.

James, Ford Technician