Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

1999 f250 4r100. OD light flashing. Reseated OSS plug. Still

Customer Question
flashing. Brand new ATS 5...
1999 f250 4r100. OD light flashing. Reseated OSS plug. Still flashing. Brand new ATS 5 Star tranny.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
10/28/2015
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 2 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, what code(s) are stored with the lamp flashing?

I do not have a scanner.

Well there is no way of knowing what is wrong or where to check without pulling codes. If the trans was just installed all you can do is make sure the wiring harness isnt pinched between the top of the trans bellhousing and the rear of the engine

thanks for all the help. If I had a scanner I wouldn't be asking.

Well nothing for nothing, how am I supposed to know whats wrong with a transmission thats not in front of me? All my answers are based on information you share. There are about 300 different transmission codes and you didnt mention if it even moves or is missing gears, goes into neutral at all. No other information

It works fine, just won't go into OD and light is flashing.

If it wont upshift into 4th gear only then it is isolated to one gear. Could be a solenoid in the trans. Just because the transmission is new doesnt mean its rebuilt properly. Without knowing why the trans was replaced is hard to say if this is a different concern than the original problem you had. If it is then I would suspect either a wiring problem inbetween the transmission and pcm. But need codes pulled. Most auto parts stores pull codes for free but not all can pull transmission codes.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans