Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion se 4 cylinder my abs light is on

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion se 4 cylinder my abs light is on brake light is on and traction control light my service screen says to check brake system and service advance track I took it to multiple shops and the told me it is throwing the code b1342 it is a fault control module but never once told me what to do or what needed to be replaced just told me that it will cost me about 1500 to 2 k to fix it what can you tell me about this code
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** caused by an internal failure of the ABS brake module, the code B1342 can come in any module, and it indicaes that module is bad, the B1342 in the abs module means the abs module is bad, if the B134 was in the restraint module, it would be a bad restraint module, and so forth, the ABS module will need to be replace in yours,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the abs module needs to be replaced but when I researched the code earlier it said the abs ecu needed to be replaced is that the same thing
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the abs module and the ABS ECU are one in the same,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it something that can be changed out at home or a dealer would have to do it
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

once you replace the module, it has to be reprogrammed for your car, and this requires a special scanner, unfortunately, this will need to be done at a shop,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

If you need more help with this, dont hesiitate to ask, and Please dont forget to rte me so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just don't have the money to take it to a dealer
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

you could replace the module yourself, and then have the dealer flash it, that would save some money, but until the module is replaced, you will still get this code and the lights,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Please dont forget to rate me, it is the only way I get paid for helping, thanks,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

I see you dont want to rate me, so basically you get a free answer from me, good luck,Tim