Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2004 ford f250 6.0 powerstroke and when you drive

Customer Question
for a while you loose...
I have a 2004 ford f250 6.0 powerstroke and when you drive for a while you loose power and the exhust will start to sound like a restricted exhaust and you eobt be able to go past 30-40 mph. If you turn the key off and restart it's fine till you drive
for a while again. I scanned for codes and they are as follows : P132B-60 - turbocharcher/ supercharger boost control A performance, P0263-60 cyl. #1 contribution/balance & p0275-60 cyl#5 contribution/balance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
10/26/2015
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Are you getting heavy smoking when this occurs? Does it smell like unburned fuel?

Have you tried cleaning the exhaust back pressure tube?

Haven't noticed any heavy smoking and I don't smell unburned fuel and I have not tried cleaning the ebp tube.

Try cleaning the EBP tube first since you are getting the turbo codes. It is what senses the pressure coming from the turbo and makes the adjustments for it. It can also create a contribution imbalance code.

If that doesn;t resolve the issue, then you may have 2 separate issues going on. One being an issue with the injectors and the other being on the intake, in particular the turbo. If we have to go to the next step, I would pull the turbo and crack it open, then clean it. I can provide the info to do that if needed. That will clean up the vanes on the turbo and should hopefully get rid of the intake problem.

Next will be to see why the injectors are giving a bad contribution test by pulling them and testing them. I prefer to start with the items that can cause both issues as well as the simplest.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Can you show me which one is the ebp tube

CLICK HERE

This is the video I share with people to show where it is and how to clean it.

Ok will clean that tube first thing and see wgat happens

Let me know the result after a test drive to see if you are still having the issue. Thanks.

Ok Jeremy what time will you be on tomorrow

If all goes well when I arrive at the shop, around 8-9 AM. If there is a disaster, it is usually around 11 AM. I try to check the board by then each day.

I'm also Eastern time.

Ok talk to tomorrow

Have a good evening!

Did cleaning the tube help out?

Jeremy
Jeremy