Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2009 V6 Ford Escape with 56k. Check engine light came on and

Customer Question

2009 V6 Ford Escape with 56k. Check engine light came on and motor running rough. Received a P0351 and P0301 error code. Replaced #1 ignition coil and spark plug. On start up, engine performance improved slightly, drove the car around the block but still running rough. Saw smoke by the new coil, hot to the touch. Analyzer now shows P0301,351,352, and 354. Someone you have to replace all the coils and plugs. I'm worried if the control module is bad and will fry all the new coils?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** agree it sounds like your PCM has failed causing coils to burn out. Check to see if trigger wire to coil 1 is shorted to ground, if not then replace the PCM. The PCM should be under warranty so dealership will replace for free. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Let me know how it turns out or if you run into more questions. Thanks again and have a great day!