James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 6.0 2006. I resealed all the injectors after

Customer Question

I have a 6.0 2006. I resealed all the injectors after sanding spool valves with 800 grit paper. Put everything back two long cranks and it fired up. Letting VGT re learn process do its thing (5 min idle). Went inside to lock up and take it for a drive and come back out and she's missing really bad. I got in and tried to rev it up no gas pedal. All I have for monitoring is sct live wire ts and fuel get boost and trans gauges. Icp has to build every start hot or cold. It will restart when fully hot. Icp seems high at about 800 idling. I tried it again for cold and when the oil got to 120 degrees it started again loping choppy idle and really slow rev. If I try to drive it I have no accelerator. Passed bubble test and LPOP fills up reservoir in about 10 seconds. Too slow?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, until the air in bled from the system the ICP will be slow to build. Does this still have an EGR valve in it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No egr it has been deleted. And I would love to get her out on the street and hold it WOT til it blows trust me! However I have toke it around the block to try to blow air out but when oil hits 120 degrees I have no throttle I live in Colorado so there's no letting it coast in drive.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

was the oil changed after all of this work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's when I noticed the stiction issue I was trying to fix. It was shuttering when cold until it was all the way warm so I cleaned the spool valves. Oil is fresh and new oem filter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to attach a couple videos I made earlier I have been researching all last week I've been without her for a week now. Dummy plugs were already updated to 12mm the standpipes are the new design with check valve on top but they are 10 mm. All new o rings copper washer holes cleaned and torqued to 26ft/lbs. What would make it have absolutely no power when warm but it never dies and always restarts after 5-10 second crank?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

What is the ipr when it begins to run rough?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IPR is about 33% when the throttle is unresponsive I pulled IPR as I had a no start from the screen being broken before. No such luck this time screen is clean and o rings in good shape. Did you get the video I sent?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I don't see any videos. If it's running good while cold but begins to run rough when hot I would suspect one or more injectors were beyond trying to clean. How much fuel pressure do you have? The fuel pump can also be losing pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you have an email I can send them they are too big for the site. And I have a fuel pressure gauge installed in my gauge pod. 70 at idle 63 at WOT when it was running. Also it was running so good except for before it was warm it would kinda stutter when trying to accelerate more than 50% throttle. I tried rev-x and hot shots secret two different oil changes. That's when I went after the spool valve I had a cod for #2 contribution so i pulled that one only and resealed it and cleaned it no more stuttering when cold and I could drive it but it wouldn't start hot. I thought maybe I tweaked an o ring on another injector and it ran better so why not do the rest of them. Now it's a 7500 paper weight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should have stopped while I was ahead
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

It's possible it's just one injectors causing issues for the rest also. It's hard to know for sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that combustion gas is getting in without making bubbles in the filter bowl? And have you heard of the little bolts going through the spool valves being too tight causing misfire?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

It's very possible when assembling the injectors torque is important. If tightened to much it can prevent the spool valve from working correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I will check that I found the torque spec .5nm that's almost nothing back for more motorcraft o ring kits. Pull all eight back out and retorque them.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.