Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2003 Ford F-250 with a 5.4L V8. I am having trouble

Customer Question
Hi I have a 2003...
Hi I have a 2003 Ford F-250 with a 5.4L V8.
I am having trouble with the engine.
I can start the truck but when I turn the headlights on the truck dies.
If I push the brake the truck dies.
My turn signals flicker fast but if I push the brake pedal the signals stop flashing and the truck dies.
I had the alternater tested and it passed.
I had the battery tested but it was bad so I replaced it and am still have the same problems.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
10/22/2015
Ford Mechanic: Ray M., Ford Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech

Do you have to boost the truck to get it started?

Nope, it fires right up.
It all started yesterday after I crossed some railroad tracks and the truck bounced and started this problem

What happens if you turn on the headlights and put the heater fan on high?

The rpms drops and dies

It sounds like you have a power supply problem, check the battery wire from the battery to make sure it is tight, then check both of the fusible links, one may be burnt and the other only having a few good wires.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician