HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a fleetwood, ford e350 powerstroke and cannot locate

Customer Question

i have a fleetwood, ford e350 powerstroke and cannot locate the fuel cut off switch
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you are looking for the fuel pump inertia switch it should be located behind the right kick panel under the passenger side of the dash.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Being a motorhome it may have been relocated but the factory location is behind the right kick panel so unless the passenger area has been drastically altered it should be in the vicinity.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It isnt there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nor is it drivers side above the brake pedal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both of these locations are illustrated in the handbook
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No wiring behind the kickpanel at all? Do you need a picture to know what the switch looks like? what is the vehicle doing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is just turning over, i sprayed brake cleaner into the airbox and it fired up but it seems to be fuel starved and so just cuts out. I may benefit from a phone call, but i have left the motorhome at my lockup for the night now
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok. it cranks but doesnt start.Is the passenger compartment a basic E series van or is the whole vehicle a molded around rv on a eseries frame?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just the e series chassis, Fleetwood have coachbuilt the rv
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok reason why you cant find an inertia switch is because the engine uses a mechanical lift pump on the engine not an electronic fuel pump in the tank.So if you are having a loss of fuel delivery it is most likely a diesel high engine oil pressure concern. the engine must generate at least 500 psi in order for the injectors to open and dump fuel into the engine. So a diagnostic check for codes with a good scan tool needs to be done. and monitor icp pressure and ipr percentage. make sure the engine is full of oil. if it is low it will not start the vehicle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I have a diagnostics tool, I will do that again tmrw, I have plenty of fuel and pretty sure the oil level is good, I will top it up to near maximum tmrw, and try again. Not sure how much this conversation has cost me, but I may like to contact you again once I have the diagnostic stats. How can I do that?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No cost other than what you have put on deposit to the website. The money sits there until you hit accept on one of my responses and leave a positive rating. We cna go back and forth until you are satisfied or the concern is resolved. Only time it costs more money is if we do a live phone call or you opt to leave the expert assisting you a bonus. Definitiely scan for codes, could be a cam sensor issue, low ipc pressur, stuck ipr and so on.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

And even once you hit accept we can still converse back and forth if needed.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just doing a follow up, do you need more help with this concern?