How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Your Own Question
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 23821
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Ron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a f15 super cab with a 5.04 do I take off the

Customer Question

I have a f15 super cab with a 5.04 do I take off the cross over manifold .(at least what I call it).it feeds the heater got all bolts out but it seems like one left on passenger side .can't figure out how to get it out thanks mike
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. What year is your F-150?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have a answer yet mike
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean the water crossover tube on the front of the intake manifold? See picture.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Did you get all 6 bolts out? And the 2 bolts for the thermostat housing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't see did you get to the 6th bolt on passenger side acts of it as if its building up through the intake
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric I have the one side of the intake loose passenger side that last bolt for that water crossover comes up through the intake then intothe crossover intake has to come off to get that one bolt it sure looks that way from here let me know if you have any ideas thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the white mark is where the boltcomes up through the housing
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

The correct procedure to remove this is to remove it when the intake is off. That is what the shop manual says.