Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have 2002 ford exployer and the door ajar light comes on

Customer Question

i have 2002 ford exployer and the door ajar light comes on and car alam goes off and dome light flashes whats wrong with it computer doesnt show anything we have ck fuses reset battery and ck all door..
Category: Ford
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

We most likely have a sticking door ajar switch in any one of the doors. Next time the light comes on try spraying some wd40 in a door latch and close/open the door about 20 times to see if the problem is corrected. If so replace that door ajar switch on the latch. I have also seen where the wires break inside the rubber loom on the door harness that goes from the door to the body of the vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have sprayed all of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you see it in the back hatch..I am wondering if that's were it is coming from
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes it could be any door or hatch. You can spray that latch as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have.is it hard to change latches and how much is that roughly
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The switch is separate from the latch. It is not very difficult and figure about an hour labor for a shop to do it.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Hope all is well. This question is still open on my end since it has not been rated yet. If you are satisfied please subit a positive rating. Thanks.