Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have an '02 F350 V10 that was wrecked and set up about 3

Customer Question

I have an '02 F350 V10 that was wrecked and set up about 3 yrs. i have put about 3000 miles on it since the rebuild. it runs good but occasionally it bogs down and the more fuel you give the more it loads up. by turning off the ignition and restarting it goes like a spotted abe again until the next time! any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Has the check engine light came on and if so has the computer system been scanned to see what fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no light, have not scanned
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Is it possiable you can get it scanned and see if there are any fault codes stored in memory? Most auto parts store will do this for you at no charge. If so, post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do, was thinking it was fuel pressure but since it runs good after restart I assumed it is electrical. Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If it runs good after you shut it down it dose not sound like fuel pressure but lets not rule it out just yet, lets see if there are any stored fault codes first and we can work from there.