Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron.My brake lights and turn signals just stop working.2003

Customer Question

hi Ron.I'm Victor.My brake lights and turn signals just stop working.2003 ranger 4.0 4x4
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Are all three brake lights out including the one on the back of the cab above the rear window?
Do you have a test light or meter to check for powers and grounds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all three not working.no meter
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The turn signals and brake lights only share one common component, and that is the turn signal switch. We have seen the switches fail internally and also have seen issues with the wires pulling out of the wiring connector on the back of the switch, I would recommend checking for power at the brake light switch and out of the brake light switch when applying the brakes. Also check the bulbs for the brake lights.