Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

4 days ago my oil pressure gauge stopped working on my 2001

Customer Question

4 days ago my oil pressure gauge stopped working on my 2001 gt mustang and I replaced the oil sending unit the next day and verified oil pressure with a manual gauge , send unit didn't fix. Car run great. Yesterday go to leave work the car started up and died, restart missing on 4,5,6,8 cops and the oil gauge is now working any ideas , swapped out those 4 cops
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you dropping out 4 cylinders do to the lack of 4 coils not firing then the first thing you need to do is make sure you have power to the coils on the power side with the key on the red power supply wire. If you have key on voltage on the power side then see if you are getting the ground switching signal from the PCM (computer ) to each coil. See the wiring diagram in the link below , copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there. When you checked you oil pressure what where you reading?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Coil%20circuit%20Oct%2018.pdf