Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Have a 90 model bronco with 5.8 liter gas engine, Engine

Customer Question

have a 90 model bronco with 5.8 liter gas engine, Engine will spin over but will not start have cked fuel pump & replaced fuel filter pump is working & I have press at fuel rail sprayed some starting fluid in throttle body & engine will run as long as you keep feeding starting fluid but will not run on its own
Category: Ford
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

hi, did you check for injector pulse while cranking the motor over ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What has me puzzled is it will start on starting fluid
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

ok,when you turn the key to on there should be hot to one side of the injector ,do you have a noid light to check the injector pulse ?

the other wire at the injector should pulse a ground signal when cranking the motor over .

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

when you are using starting fluid ,you are actually bypassing the fuel injectors through the intake

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will start troubleshooting there thanks
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

you can use a test light as well for checking ,the noid light makes it easier ,also, check all the fuses ,the reason I say this is there may be a fuse bad that you didn't know about ,,thank you ..jazzmaster ..