roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I Have 98 Expedition. When you open the doors the dome light

Customer Question

I Have 98 Expedition. When you open the doors the dome light blinks on and off with a sound coming from the blinker relay in the fuse box under the dash. Also, the electric windows and locks don't work. When I try the electric window button the light stops flashing and when I try the electric locks you hear a humming under the passenger side dash. This all started at the same time are these problems related?
Chris
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

there is a module called a GEM module that controls body functions. in todays cars it is called a body control module or bcm. all the functions that have issues with your truck are controlled by the GEM module. a shop with a good scan tool can access the module and look to see if there are any faults. it sounds like the module has failed and will have to be replaced.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out???