Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2013 Ford Focus SE and was told by a motorcyclist

Customer Question
Hi Chris. I have a...
Hi Chris. I have a 2013 Ford Focus SE and was told by a motorcyclist that ran into the back of my car today that I have no brake lights. I checked the 'Stop Light Switch' fuse and that is ok. I dont see any fuse specifically labeled "Brake Lights" or Tail Lights". the third brake light does not illuminate, but with the key out of the ignition, the bottom tail lights illuminte when the drivers door is open. HELP!!
Scott
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Also, there are no light faults or warning lights displayed on the instrument cluster
10/14/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Check these and report back on the results, at the BPP switch on the brake pedal.

One green/red wire is all the time powered from fuse 21 under the hood.

The other green/red wire is powered with the brake pedal pressed.

Black/gray ground

violet/white, grounded when the pedal is not pressed, and not grounded when the pedal is pressed.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician