Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Just refilled coolant in my 2005 Ford Escape hybrid and am

Customer Question

Just refilled coolant in my 2005 Ford Escape hybrid and am having trouble bleeding/filling the cooling system .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you have the heater on the hottest setting and the blower on high? when you run it at idle to circulate it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
heater on high temp setting and blower running . Engine will only idle for about minute and then shuts down which is probably some fail safe protection against damage ?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

when it shuts don, is the coolant level in the bottle between the full marks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coolant level is between fill marks
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

ok, does the temp gauge go up and the red triangle come on on the dash, when it is warming up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is a hybrid and has no temp gauge . I did see the red triangle once . The system seems to be bleeding itself out now very slowly . I have heat coming out of the heater now .
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

yes, it can take some time, you need to fill to between the full level, run it and then shut it off and let it cool, then check the bottle again, and repeat this until it is full and does not drop,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it . Thanks
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate em so mI can get credit for helping,thanks,Tim