Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

Two wires light under my hood touched and now my hood

Customer Question

Two wires for the light under my hood touched and now my hood lights, power windows and radio won't work as far as I can tell no fuses are bad what should I check ? I have an 07 6.0 F 250
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

Check fuses #41 & #35 in the fuse box under the dash if they are good, the ACC Delay relay in the instrument cluster may have been damaged. In that case the cluster will have to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work, the relay is fine, and so are the fuses, my brother also has and 6.0 so I took the delayed accessory relay out of his and tried in mine with still no luck so we know it's not that
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

If fuses 41 and 35 are ok then the instrument cluster is defective, as the power windows are fed through the battery saver relay and the under hood lamp is fed by the interior lamp relay which are both internal to the instrument cluster and not serviceable without replacing the cluster.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Makes sense from what I've read except that all my gauges still work, so it still could be my instrument cluster even though the guages weren't affected ?
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, because all the battery saver relay controls are interior lites and acc, and the exterior lites if they are left on for and extended period with the engine off.