Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Have 98 ford explorer anti theft light flashing i just

Customer Question

have 98 ford explorer anti theft light flashing i just bought the suv at auction so i had locksmith come make key with program chip init he redid program several x still anti theft light flashes so im at loss what to do can afford take to dealer ship
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

The way you worded your post makes it sound like you had no keys and had one made and attempted to program it and with the key in the run position the theft light flashes rapid. If that is all true then one issue is it takes 2 keys. With no keys you can not program just one. You have to enter the 10 minute security access via scan tool, then erase all previous key codes then program 2 chipped keys to the vehicle.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I hate that you spent money to get your question answered, though left not pleased with my help. I am still here available to help. We can start over from the beginning or where we left off.

Thanks Chris