Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2013 3000miles bad vibration on road at 60 plus mph no in

Customer Question
sterling whell but body ford...
2013 3000miles bad vibration on road at 60 plus mph no in sterling whell but body ford flex
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
10/8/2015
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Have you had the dealership try to fix the problem and if so what have they done?
Also, can you give me the VIN# ***** I can do a little research on Fords website?

2fmgk5d84dbd24395
Had car about 3 months just took it on to lnterstate at around 60 mph has bad viberation ,no in steering wheel
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Looking at the OASIS report that we as Ford Technicians have access to, you are the second owner of this vehicle. It was originally sold on 25-NOVEMBER-2014. Since you only owned it for 3 months.

The vibration is more than likely caused by the tires which develop flat spots when it sits in a parking lot for a while, like a few months, without moving. I would first recommend having the tires checked for balanced. Also, have the dealership load force balance the tires which checks for flat spots and tires being out of round.

Dealer told us it never been only 50 miles on it

The warranty start date is November 25, 2014. You stated you only had it 3 months.

Sorry you are right it set in the yard until about 3 months ago when my wife started driving it.

Ok, then get the tires checked for flat spots or imbalance. Since the vehicle is new and very low mileage, the tires are the cause of the problem.

Please let me know if you need any more help.

A. Penland
A. Penland