Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2008 E350 Van with a 6.0 diesel, 3 codes which seem

Customer Question

I have a 2008 E350 Van with a 6.0 diesel, 3 codes which seem to indicate have either a bad FICM or Faulty fuel injector on cylinder 2,3,8 I would not think that all injectors are bad so I think FICM, wanted to know what you think and were is the FICM located and what does it stand for
Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The FICM is the fuel injector control module. I would say that if you have multiple injector codes the first place to start would be the FICM. It's possible that the injectors all failed at the same time, or there is a fuel restriction problem affecting multiple injectors, but it's more likely that the FICM is bad. They go bad fairly often.

You will need to pull the old programming off of the FICM to load onto the new FICM. This can normally only be done with a ford IDS scan tool. I don't know if there is a company that sells them pre-programmed because we have an IDS tool in my fleet and have never needed to try sourcing one with programming.

Here is the diagram that shows the location and another that shows common faults with the FICM.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Different tech here, the previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?