Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron,
I have a 1999 F250 V10 gas that on the way to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Ron,
I have a 1999 F250 V10 gas that on the way to work: power steering went out, check engine light came on, starting running rough and exhaust had a somewhat oily smell...any possibilities?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Was running good until this morning BTW has 160,000 miles with no major problems or issues
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure no rush...at work all day today. Thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and thank you for your question,
This is not an answer but a request for more information so hold off on any rating for now.

When you say the power steering wen out, did the engine stall?

When the check engine light comes on this means the computer is seeing a system fault, when this happens it will set and store a fault code or codes, if you can stop by your local part store and get it scanned we can work from there to get this resolved. Most auto parts store such as Auto Zone will do the scan for you at no charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just needed a response to a single issue, not to initiate a "Free Trial" offer for ongoing monthly charges. Not stated prior to giving credit card info (why not?), and then a response of "go to Autozone for code read". Was expecting something more professional for $25.00 charge. I know better now.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You are not charge anything unless you rate the service, I have not provided any answer yet, I need to know what the fault code and or codes that are setting when the check engine light came on in order to give you a clear answer. With out knowing the fault code and or codes anything I post as an answer would be a guess. If you can get me the fault codes then I can provide you with a complete answer at which time you can accept or not. Any money you have been charged remains in your account and it your to keep unless you rate the service.