Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

02 Ford Escape won't shift into park - in a flat parking

Customer Question

02 Ford Escape won't shift into park - in a flat parking space with tires straight ahead.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it's been 20 minutes - anyone there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been almost 40 minutes - is anyone really working on this problem - we are waiting in a parking lot for an answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
50 minutes
Expert:  Jared D replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Sorry about your wait. I noticed the expert you requested has not responded. Perhaps I can help?

Expert:  Jared D replied 2 years ago.

To clarify, can you move the shifter to park, but park won't engage, or you can't move the shifter to the park position?

Expert:  Jared D replied 2 years ago.

Do you have the 4 cylinder or the 6 cylinder engine?

Expert:  Jared D replied 2 years ago.

Please do not rate my service based on the length of time it took to receive a response. I just got online and I would love to help in any way I can if you would still like assistance. If not, please let me know and I will opt out of the question.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Different tech here, the previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?