Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a dry "clacking" sound coming from, I believe, inside

Customer Question

I have a dry "clacking " sound coming from, I believe, inside the left hand valve cover at the front of the valve cover? Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can I get the 8th VIN# ***** see which engine you have?

A noise from within the valve cover would be a timing chain, valve spring, or rocker arm issue.

Have you removed the valve cover for a visual inspection yet?

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I'm helping you from my home. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see this on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate bad I'm not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose

This question is showing as not resolved. I am still available to help if you need it.

Chris