Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have 2009 ford ranger, the heater blows out cold air

Customer Question

I have 2009 ford ranger, the heater blows out cold air however, air conditioner does work fine. what can I do to fix it myself.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for you question,

This is not an answer but instead a request for more information , please do not rate yet.

If you place your hands on both heater hoses out under the hood with the engine running at normal temp and the heater on , are both hose getting nice and hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both hoses are hot
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In most cases if both heater hoses are getting nice and hot than that means you have good coolant flow through the heater core and if you are not getting any heat this usually means the blend door actuator has failed. I have enclosed the steps to remove and replace it in the links below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them, take a look and let me know if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there. You will also need to remove the passenger side air bag module to access it, be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable to de-power it as well before you make this repair .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blend%20door%20actuator%20Oct%201.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Air%20bag%20mosule%20Oct%201.pdf

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short

Thank you, Ron