Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I just installed a oil pan and oil screen pick up on a 1995

Customer Question

I just installed a oil pan and oil screen pick up on a 1995 ford bronco 5.8. After putting everything back together and cranking it up it has no oil pressure. I even verified with a mechanical oil pressure gauge on the side of the motor. It had good oil
pressure if i remember correctly before starting the project. Could i have done damage to the pump or messed something up in the process of doing my repairs.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I installed an oil screen pick up gasket. i did not replace the oil pick up.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

Did you see these parts I have circled in this diagram and if so did you put them back in the correct order and position?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is gonna sound crazy but when i removed the oil pick up i dont remember anything resembling that coming out. should it have sprung out or fallen out? and nothing was in the bottom of the pan.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

According to that diagram there was and that might just explain it. I would go to your nearest auto-parts sore who stock an oem oil pump and pickup tube and ask to take a look at the parts in the boxes.