Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron, I need your help with this 97 ranger wipers will only

Customer Question

HI Ron, I need your help with this 97 ranger wipers will only run in high and will not shutoff until Gem is unplugged has New GEM, switch and I also tried a different motor, I also replaced the wires from switch to gem PK/Y, GY/R and LB/O thank you!!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for you question,

Are you able to scan the system and see what the fault code that should be setting in the BCM is?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
B1398, b1450
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

The B1398 is a power window code and the B1450 is the one you need to address, this code can be set due to any of the following,

• Defective Run/Park Relay
  • Run/Park Relay Connector
  • Run/Park Relay Wiring
  • Defective Wiper Hi/Lo Relay
  • Wiper High/Low Relay Connector
  • Wiper Motor
  • Wiper Motor Circuit
  • Wiper Motor Connector

In order to determine the actual cause you are going to need to do some more testing. See the steps below, I have enclosed the complete factory file and you are going to want to start your testing at Pinpoint test C, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Wipers%20Sept%2025.pdf