cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Got a problem with my 1988 ford ranger. Its runs really

Customer Question

Got a problem with my 1988 ford ranger. Its runs really rough after i did some maintance work on it. I replaced the valve cover. Plugs. Cables coil cap rotor. Checked and double checked all vacumes and wires. timing. My guess is a sensor went bad and is causing over fueling.
Category: Ford
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 years ago.

it sounds like the egr valve has went bad on it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can i check that the egr is working properly?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 years ago.

Unhook it see if it is still running bad

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried that. Runs worse.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 years ago.

Then it's not the get valve

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Waht about the MAF sensor is ther one on my particular truck? Could that be causing it
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 years ago.

That was going to be my next suggestion yes their is one on it and it would cause the problem you can try cleaning it and see if that helps but more then likely you will have to get a new one

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everywhere i read it says its not equipped with one. I pulled the thing off my air filter box some sort of return valve? Super sooty in the little hose that is conected to the main intake hose. I dunno but there is another thing down under the battery that has a vacume hose from the air box. I dont know what that is
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thiught the thing i took off was the MAF
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a little dissapointed in your service. How can i get a refund?